Wednesday, December 2, 2009

All the Talk, EVERYWHERE


Alright. I know it's been a LONG time since I put up a post, but I was testing to see if I was at fault for starting this blog right when the Flyers started sucking the big one. Since they won one and lost one, I figured that my superstition is not warranted. But even still, losing 5 out of the last 6 is bogus.

Anyways, I'm going to talk about what EVERYONE is talking about the last couple of days. Some great quotes came from our future captain, Chris Pronger, yesterday and it has been the talk of the town. Finally someone unlike the laid back Richards and Stevens is speaking up. I LOVED everything Pronger had to say, and honestly, I didn't think he had as dirty of a mouth as he does. It was F this and shitty play, and so on and so forth. The only reason I am writing this today is because I just found a quote from Richards that sums up the HUGE difference between the two. First, a couple of the great quotes from Prongs:

“He’s [Richards] been here four years and sees how things have progressed from being a shitty team to a pretty good team, to having even higher expectations."

“How could we have won that game in Atlanta?” Pronger asked. “Could it have been that [3-minute] power play? Absolutely! Could it have been not to take that fucking penalty-and go down 5-on-3? Absolutely! How about scoring some goals 5-on-5?"

“We need to make it fucking happen on Thursday,” Pronger said. “It needs to fucking happen now, so we can get over that hump and get this ship headed into the right direction.”

Now that's some positive and aggresive talk that I like to hear from someone, but it pisses me off that it's our best defensman and not our Captain or our Coach. Here is the quote I just read from Richards that he rolled off his dumbass tongue yesterday.

"We went from being the worst team in the league" to "a team that is kind of a contender now," Richards said.

KIND OF A CONTENDER?!?! Are you kidding me Richards...KIND OF A CONTENDER!!! In no way should Richards, while talking about the team he leads, leave it at kind of a contender. "A TEAM THAT IS GOING TO WIN THE CUP NOW!" is the proper response dildo. Don't get me wrong, I love Richards as a player, but right now, it is him and Stevens that need to straighten things out and get this team going again. If he doesn't have the balls to get in some players faces and make things happen, then we may need to demote and promote Prongs to take the helm. Either way, I have this feeling if we don't pick it up soon, it's either goodbye Stevens, demote Richards, or possibly both.

Okay, so enough of my complaining. We've got a "winnable" game tomorrow against Vancouver coming to town. Honestly, I would say it's a sure win game, but not with the style of play we are showing. Game time is 7:30 at the Wach. Let's see something good.

GO FLYERS!

2 comments:

  1. I realize now that it was just about the time you started your blog is when the Flyers started their slump. Forget firing Stevens....I want you fired!!!! hahaha

    “We need to make it fucking happen on Thursday”
    -yet another reason I love Chris Pronger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, thanks Matt. I realized it after they lost 3 in a row right after I started the blog, I got pissed, but screw it, here comes 11 straight wins, mark my words! And yes, Pronger is the MAN.

    ReplyDelete