Monday, December 28, 2009

Great Christmas


Happy Holidays everyone, and it has been just that for the Orange and Black. We all got a great present this year with a three game winning streak by the boys. Richards is finally starting to play the way he should and the rest of the team is rallying behind him. The last thing I expected was for this team to play so well with Leighton in net, but it's happening. Although it was against some pretty sad teams, see bottom of the standings, but a win is a win is a win. The picture above is my signed Gagne jersey from a few christmas's ago, and I finally got to hanging it above my TV before last night's game. Also, for the past two games (I didn't get it till Christmas) I have been rocking my Richards Winter Classic jersey, pushing me to five jerseys now. Those would be: Forsberg (my first when I thought he'd be around for a while), Gagne (signed), Lindros, Pronger, and Richards. Anyways, moving into the three wins.

With each win the team has begun to look better and better and closer (still not there yet) to as good as they can be. Some observations I have made from the three games.

* Carter still looks lost out there, but seems to get some things going well. Again, still looking better each game, just not much energy.

* The defense needs to figure out who plays well with who. Carle was sick with Pronger, then it fell apart, and everyone since looks better than usual playing with Pronger, but still not good enough.

* I love the new "pressure the puck at all times" style that Laviolette brings in.

* Leighton is playing well above his head right now and will eventually have a terrible game giving up a ton of goals, I think.

* The Flyers Rule!

We have a decent test Wed. night against the Rangers to see where we are at heading into the WINTER CLASSIC! As you can see I can't wait for that game, and it should be one hell of a game considering how the Flyers have been playing and considering how they played against the Bruins in their last meeting. Also, SNOW is expecting on game day, so that always makes it better. Let's see some blood on the ice on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment