Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Uninspired Hockey All Around


So, as I said in my last post, I went to the Pitt. vs FLA game last night. I was SO happy to see Florida walking all over Pitt, that was until the 3rd period when one goal by Pitt completely turned the game around and they ended up winning in OT. Florida had a solid two goal lead, and as my fellow Flyers fans will know, a two goal lead is nothing these days in hockey, and always leads to the team sitting back and eventually losing. Anyways, that's enough about that game, onto the pathetic game against COL last night. (P.S., I saw the new Panthers third jersey in person, and it is awful, and so many stupid FLA fans bought it last night, I deff. threw up in my mouth a little). Final score: FLA 2 - Pitt 3 OT.

While I was sitting watching the sad third period of the FLA game, I was constantly checking my phone for updates on the Flyers game. First update I checked, the score was already 2 to 0, and Emery had only faced 4 shots. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? As soon as I saw that, I knew it was either going to be a track meet of a game, or COL was going to have their way with Emery's ass. From what I've read today, Philly again just looked like they did not want to be playing hockey. I don't want this to be a recurring theme throughout the year, but so far it is, and it pisses me off. Again, I will call for Stevens head. If he can't get these guys out on the ice working their asses off to win a game when they need to win one, then why the hell is he behind the bench. I also heard that the "AHL" or 4th line was the most energetic line on the ice for us. That's just sad. Yes, I know these guys are trying to earn a spot on the team, but shit, that's pathetic. I still believe we need a coach to come in and won't be afraid to show a little emotion, and really rip these guys when they play the way they have been playing. Hopefully we will see something better tomorrow when we visit the Islanders, and we BETTER beat them, since my friend who is a huge Islanders fan is coming into town on Thursday for Thanksgiving. And FINALLY I will have NHL Center Ice at my new place by the end of the day today, so I should be able to watch every game for the rest of the year. Final Score: COL 5 - Flyers 4.

Now, I don't give a shit if we have a game tomorrow, I want Stevens to get this team on the ice this afternoon and push them until they puke; he needs to show them we will not accept this lackluster crap we have been seeing.

1 comment:

  1. that picture of emery is perfect for how we all feel right now

    ReplyDelete