Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Visit to the Dickuins


Philly has made the trip from Boston to Pittsburgh and tonight we have one hell of a game ahead of us. Pitt sits at number 4 in the East, tied for 2nd for the most points and one point behind being number 1 in the East. Also, they are in a three way tie for second in the entire NHL. That means the Flyers have one hell of a team to play tonight, and guess what, they are now 100% healthy and have a full team to put on the ice. I just wish we could say the same thing at any point this season, but I HIGHLY doubt that. Possibly this weekend we can be close to saying that with Gagne, Betts, and Powe all do back, but you never know if there will be a set back with any of them.

If Philly can put in an effort such as the 3rd period from last nights game, but for the entire game, I still think it will be hard to get a win. This team is just too deadly. I hate every single last player on the team, but I'm not going to lie and say that they aren't good. When you have 4 or 5 straight years of the number 1 or 2 pick, I guess you end up with names such as Crosby, Malkin, Fluery, and so on. Anyways, Philly and Pitt is always an amazing game and I am going to enjoy this one while I can. Sit back, sip down some cold beers and then proceed to throw them at the TV as soon as Hartnell or Carcillo do something stupid (no offense to Carcillo since he's been "sane" this year, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth since the playoffs last year). Let's Go FLYERS!!!

P.S.: Philly claimed Michael Leighton off re-entry waivers today. He played for Carolina with Laviolette and is a pretty terrible goalie, but my guess is this is just for depth until Emery gets back, then he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment