Monday, December 14, 2009

Flyers Are a Dying Breed


So I know I have been missing in action the last week or so, but I had all my major company marketing and sales meetings last week so I've been insanely busy. Anyways, moving on I know I haven't missed much. The only big news was Stevens getting the boot and Lavi coming in as his replacement. Since everyone has covered this thoroughly, I will just say I thought it was the right move and still do, but it will take time for Lavi to get his system in place. Also, I love hearing that Lavi is hating on the players quite a bit, saying they aren't in top shape, and they are lazy, and so on and so forth. Hopfully he will beat the crap out of them and they will start to actually look like they want to play hockey.

So yes, we are essentially 0-10-0 besides the 2 wins against the Islanders (which I don't really count as wins). This week we play some of the top quality teams in the league, so I'm not really expecting much. First we have Boston tonight, then Pitt, then Pitt again, then the Rangers. Pretty much all of the afformentioned teams can beat us with how terrible we are right now. Unless we put in one hell of an effort, which doesn't seem possible right now, we will loose the next four games. I'm going to take the high road and say we will win 2 of the 4, if not 3 of the 4. Hopefully we can get back on track and play like a real team in the next week.

Lastly, trade rumors are flying around about Carter possibly being moved. I think this is a smart move, since he just doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing on the ice anymore. He is an amazing player, but in order for him to get back into true form he needs a new venue. Players most talked about possibly coming to Philly: Eric Staal and Bobby Ryan. I want Ryan, but it would be more likely that Staal will show up because of Lavi. As usual with the Flyers, who the heck knows who could end up coming in. Anyways, let's see a great effort tonight and continue it into Pitt tomorrow!

GO FLYERS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would be sick to my stomach if we got Eric Staal, dont know why, theres just something about him that I hate. Fortunetly for me theres about a 2% chance of that happening, his cap hit is way to big. On the other hand, Carter for Bobby Ryan and our 1st round pick back? I offically call dibs on a Ryan jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, I hate Staal too, always have and always will. But that Bobby Ryan trade would be INSANE. He is one hell of a player.

    ReplyDelete