Monday, November 23, 2009

Looooonnnnngggg Weekend/Col Game

So there was nothing enjoyable about my weekend. I actually stayed at the bar for the entire SJ game just to watch them get there balls stomped on. While watching this horrible site my consumption of alcohol continued to steadily rise the entire time; not thinking about the fact that I had to move on Saturday, and was getting up at 7 in the morning. Needless to say, the move was not exactly fun, but it never is. Final score, 6 to 3 SJ wins.

After an exhausting day, I was just looking forward to watching the orange and black do a number on PHO. I proceeded to hit up my usual watering hole for the game, and yet again, watched as Philly dropped a tie game in the 3rd period. I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to start pointing my finger at John Stevens again because he needs to get on this team's ass and get them pumped for games. They came out in the PHO game with no emotion and it seemed like they didn't really want to win. Also, we lost Betts and Powe for a little while (how the hell does Betts throw out his shoulder again "reaching for a puck"?) Anyways, this is not a good thing as Betts has been a masterful PKer. So there it was, Final score, 3 to 1 PHO wins (and a bogus "empty net" goal call on Pronger.)

Onto tonight; Philly visits Denver to take on the Avalanche. Right now COL is sitting pretty at the top of the Northwest division and 3rd place in the West. Anderson has been like a god for them this year, as well as a pretty good team effort with 7 players at 10 points or more, lead by Stastny, Wolski, and Hejduk. We also get to see if Duchene is the real deal, which he seems to be. Now, I'm not going to lie, Colorado is my team from the Western Conference. I don't follow them at all like the Flyers, but I do cheer for them out there; now with saying that, I would LOVE to see the Flyers beat the living shit out of them tonight, because we need it more, and because the Flyers are the greatest team in the Universe. With that said, I predict a 6 to 1 routing of the Avalanche.

On a personal note, I will not be able to watch this game tonight since the owner of my company just gave me 2 of his season tickets (dead center ice, 12th row) for the Panthers vs. Penguins game tonight. It would be great to be able to watch Pitt get beat in person while the Flyers take care of business in Colorado.

GO FLYERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment