Friday, November 13, 2009

Introduction and 5 Straight Wins



So, I decided with all of the information that I read about the Flyers and because I love the that I would start a Flyers blog, since I read about 5 different ones every day. Anyways, I'm Sean, a diehard Flyers fan that is stuck in south Florida and only gets to see them play live two times a year against the god awful Panthers. Enough about me time for some Flyers stuff.

So, as I write this, the Flyers are in the process of destroying teams that, well, they should be destroying. During this streak which started October 31st, we have a 6 to 1 win over Carolina (worst team in NHL), a 6 to 2 win over TB, a 5 to 2 win over Buffalo (when they were slumping), a 2 to 1 win over shitty St. Louis, and a 5 to 1 win over Ottawa. That makes it 24 to 7 goals for vs goals against. Now that is impressive, but to keep that up will be tough. On to some player stats over this streak:

Mike Richards: 2g, 2a, 4pts, +4
Jeff Carter: 2g, 5a, 7pts, +5
JVR (Reemer): 3g, 4a, 7pts, +5
Scott Hartnell: 3g, 4a, 7pts, +5
Chris Pronger: 1g, 7a, 8pts, +8
Matt Carle: 1g, 2a, 3pts, +8

So, interesting to see some of those, especially from Mike Richards doing so, so compared to the rest, even Carle is 1 point less, but +4 better. Personally I'm starting to think it's his linemates through this stretch, but he could also just be on a mini-semi cold streak. Anyways, that enough for the first post. I will try to post 3 to 4 times a day, except on weekends I'll be lucky to get even 1 post a day in (usually too much time spent drinking and playing Modern Warfare 2). Feel free to comment and let me know what you like and dislike. Peace.

(Oh yeah, and shout outs to Ryan and Fran over at Flyers Goal Scored by..., and Matt over at The Orange Army for getting me to want to start the whole blogging thing)

1 comment:

  1. yo sean...great work on starting the blog! it looks great. im looking forward to checking out your site, i enjoy reading peoples blogs more-so than i do reading the "official" stuff. fans always tell it like it really is and its great to read everyones opinions/thoughts...keep up the good work!! GO FLYERS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete