Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Razor's Edge


Some of the big discussion right now is if Ray "Razor" Emery will be back this coming weekend. If this is so, he will be returning from surgery 2(!) weeks earlier than they projected for him. This is scaring the shit out of me. I would much rather sit here and watch Leighton and Boucher flop around like idiots than see Emery come back too early and go down in 2 or 3 games by re-aggravating the same injury such as the Flyers are known to do (see Gagne, Simon or Briere, Daniel).

Yes, I do believe we need Emery as soon as possible because no offense to Leighton or Boucher, they are not Emery. I also have extremely high expectations for Razor when he does come back. He looked very good at the beginning of the year when the Flyers actually looked like a cup contender; he also stole a few games when we needed him too. I also know he did fall apart shortly after the great start, but I personally blame all of that on the fact that even he said he was playing through pain and the injury, so he was probably playing at about 70%, which no goalie can look good doing.

Now, I could be completely wrong and he could have god like powers to be able to heal that fast, but it is still a worry sitting in the back of my head. I guess we will have to wait and see. Personal prediction, if he's coming back he will be in net on Thursday against the Pens. If not Thursday, it's almost a guarantee he will be in net on Saturday. Let's all hope for the best and pray to whatever the hell it is you people pray too that he will stay healthy and play at 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment