Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fashion Design Comes to Philly


I personally think my created logo is much better. I wonder if Sean Avery from the Rangers would agree since he has all of that Vogue work that he has done.

Anyways, onto the game tonight. The Flyers are fresh off a good win over Columbus to start their 6 game home stand and the Rangers are coming into the Wach outscoring their opponents 14 to 4 in their last two games. I would normally be afraid of this, especially with the rusty Emery in net, but I can't see the Rangers beating up on us tonight. The whole team knows how important points are right now, and especially at 4 point swing against a team that ahead of us in the standings, and in our own division. We will need to pass them up at some point before the end of the year to have home ice for at least the first round.

I have a good feeling about tonight's game, and it's not just that I'm wearing my lucky work approved Flyers polo, or the fact that I'm undefeated wearing the Richards Winter Classic jersey during their home games. It's the fact that things are falling into place beautifully under Laviolette's "run and gun" system. The defense seems to tighten up well, and it seems like they are starting to gain that confidence back in Emery. Also, the new line changes from the last game were genious on Lavi's part. Powe on the top line is AWESOME with the incredible amount of speed that he has. Also, Giroux was born to play in the middle, the no look, behind the back, perfect pass leading to a goal in the last game was intense. I'm looking forward to some more of that this year. Also, we now easily have four lines that can score goals, and with that against the extremely shaky defense of the Rangers should mean good things. Henrik Lundqvist is the one big OH NO when speaking about the Rangers. This guy is a freak against Philly, and just in general. A perennial all star and Vezna Trophy canidate, he is the only one that can truly steal a game from pretty much any team. Hartnell will need to get in front of him every second he is on the ice, and we need an early goal to keep Henrik from getting into a groove and beating us all by himself.

So, my predictions for tonight will most likely be a "track meet" game. I'm thinking 8 to 4, with both goalies getting yanked at some point. I think every line from the Flyers will have a goal. Including a hat trick for someone, probably Richie, but I would love for it to be Reemer. I have to hope for the best tonight because I would love to be happy at work tomorrow and not pissed off because of this game. Let's bring the heat boys.

Let's Go Flyers!!!

2 comments: