Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Battle of the (Nearly) Basement


I just couldn't help but laugh at this hilarious "Philly Scream". I can't really tell, but I think it's Carbomb. But I do hope we see this tonight at least a few times.

Tonight at 7 the spelling illiterate Maple Leafs(sp) come to town as we get to see two of the worst teams in the NHL face off. Right now Philly is sitting in 12th with 41 points and Toronto sits at 14th with 39 points. That's two craptastic teams right there. Expectations for Toronto were bleak anyways, but for Philly this just doesn't make sense. I've discussed that before, so I'm not going to get into it. On the up side, if Philly wins tonight we leap frog to 9th place and sit 1 win from 7th. Toronto on the other hand won't go anywhere, but at least would be tied with us at 41 points.

Most of the time I would consider this game to be a simple, almost guaranteed two points, but as Philly has proved before, there is no such thing as simple anymore. Yes, they have gotten leaps and bounds better in their past 5 games (I don't count the Ottawa game), but just as that Ottawa game showed, they can shit the bed quite easily. In all honestly, I really expect them to come out and beat the living crap out of Toronto to show that Ottawa game was a fluck.

I expect JVR to pot at least one, and Richards and Carter to each get at least one. My guess is a 5 to 2 Philly win with Leighton probably getting the start. Let's see something spectacular tonight Philly.

And.......here.......we.......go.......LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment