Friday, January 29, 2010

BAG SKATE!!!


Although these are kids, this is exactly what every single player on the Flyers should look like after practice until they start to play a full 60 minutes every game. And they won't get breaks from this until they do it at least five straight games. I'm sick and tired of watching them just give up on games when they have a two goal lead. I know, it's the usual for Philly and it has been this way for many, many years, but at some point, it has got to change. Laviolette is not the type of coach to put up with this crap. I mean look at this face, does that look like someone who is going to sit back and let his team under-perform?

This Saturday will show us all nothing at all about the Flyers; unless they lose. If they win, it goes into the bucket of "We Own the Islanders", but if we actually lose to them, then there is a glarring "we play down to our opponents level". It is going to take a good solid 5 or 6 game win streak against some decent teams to change my feelings on this team and this season. If we can pull that off right before going into the Olympic break, then I can see us in the playoffs this year and making a decent run, possibly to win the Cup. If we can't pull that off, I will not be surprised at all to find our season ending before the playoffs even begin. We have eight games until the break, that means we need to go at least 5 and 3 or 6 and 2. Deep down inside I think they can do it, but it all depends on what they think and what they do. A win tomorrow afternoon will make this weekend 10 times better, so please Philly, I beg you, beat the crap out of the Islanders like usual and let me enjoy my weekend even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment