Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And We're Back!


Welcome back to the real world of hockey everyone. First and foremost I would like to congratulate Richards and Pronger on bringing back Gold medals and Timmo for bringing back a Bronze. Good work gentlemen, now you must turn those into a Stanley Cup!

Take a good look at the picture above, because there is about a 95% chance that this will be the man between the pipes leading us to the Cup this year. With Emery going on LTIR (although he can be taken off anytime) it does not look like there is a good chance of him coming back and playing as well as he can. That leaves us with the good old Michael Leighton. A lot of people are still nervous about having him as our backbone, but I for one am more than happy to see him in there. He has at least proven to me that he can handle it. When you begin your time with a new team by going 12-3-1, that has to mean something. This guy is on a mission to prove that he is a capable starter in the NHL and he is doing one hell of a job so far. Yes, there have been a few lapses when he has given up a soft goal, but it is few and far between. This team is good to go, but maybe adding Hamhuis or Torres would be nice, but I have this feeling neither will go through and the team you see now is the team you will see hoisting up the Cup this year. Now, moving forward.

Tonight we play the TB Lightning. I lived in Tampa when they won the cup back during the '03/'04 season. It was pretty cool to live right down the street from the stadium and walk to games whenever I felt like it and it's a unique atmosphere over there. Anyways, they could give the Flyers a little bit of a fight tonight if they can look past some of the issues they have gone through recently (Ass. Coach change, New Ownership, etc.). Even still, I see the Flyers walking away with this one in a 5 to 1 victory (and that one will of course be Stamkos). I can't wait for this game and am beyond elated that Flyers hockey is back!!!

P.S. I will be in attendance at the FLA vs Flyers game tomorrow night, dead center ice, opposite of the benches, 11 rows back. I'll be rocking my Richards Winter Classic jersey and my girlfriend will have on her Carcillo Winter Classic jersey.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment