Monday, February 8, 2010

"Must Win" Games


First, I apologize for disappearing for a few days. I went in for shoulder surgery on Thursday and have been down since. I made it back to work today, sling and all, and am still having trouble typing since I can only use one hand for the time being. So this is going to be short.

We haven't played over our competition in the last two games. This is not a good thing. We should have walked away from this trip 3-0-0 instead walking away 1-2-0. This is not good and we need to fix it. Tonight, we get back home and face a newly "offensive" New Jersey team. They have added Kovalchuk and all of his amazing offensive abilities, but that is all that he has. By adding him they have put a huge liability to their defensive end. I watched Kovis first game against NYR and he did not back check AT ALL. He sat in the neutral zone and "cherry picked" waiting for a cheap goal or break away. It was evident in their last game that he was not the "huge, season changing" acquisition that they had hoped for since they lost 3-1. I might be talking crazy, but we should be able to take both of these next two games from the division leader. I want to see our superstars play like superstars NOW. I'm predicting a 4 to 1 win tonight, and then a 3 to 0 win in Jersey. Let's see some hustle boys.

Let's Go Flyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment